Teach in a Turnaround School
"Perhaps the greatest attribute of teaching in a turnaround school is the strong bonds that are formed from working towards the same goal of achieving what most believe is impossible."
– Jennifer Mudlo, Montbello High School
Are you a turnaround teacher?
Denver Public Schools puts students at the core of everything we do, with a focus on ensuring that every student achieves to their highest potential. Central to student achievement is ensuring that there is an effective teacher in every classroom.
One of the district's top priorities is improving lower performing schools through turnaround strategies. Denver Public Schools has 19 turnaround schools, which receive direct and individualized support to improve student achievement, including funding and targeted turnaround hiring and support.
Use your passion to teach in a turnaround school! Turnaround teachers in Denver Public Schools:
- Are focused on results and have proven success in improving student achievement
- Have demonstrated perseverance in their career and/or education
- Influence and motivate others to reach their potential
- Thrive in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
- Are solution-oriented and creative problem solvers
- Are able to understand, communicate and effectively interact with people across cultures
To apply to teach in a turnaround school, please look for opportunities on the Denver Public Schools Teach in Denver website. Please utilize the information on this page when submitting your letter and resume to demonstrate specific interest in teaching in a turnaround school.