Denver Center for International Studies 6-12
5000 Crown Blvd.
Denver, CO 80239-4329
Principal: Trent Sharp
About Denver Center for International Studies at Montbello (6-12)
Denver Center for International Studies at Montbello (DCISM) is committed to preparing ALL students for college, career and life by developing multilingual, inter-culturally competent graduates who are prepared to lead in our increasingly complex world. DCIS will offer a technology-rich, college-prep academic program; after-school and summer career exploration; world language study in French, Arabic, Spanish and Chinese; experiential learning opportunities through service learning projects, international travel and internships; and a student- and parent-centered advisory program.
Turnaround Teaching at Denver Center for International Studies at Montbello (6-12)
The Denver Center for International Studies at Montbello (DCISM) is currently recruiting the finest faculties ever assembled. DCISM is a free, public, secondary school serving students in grades 6-12 in the “far northeast” region of Denver, Colorado. DCISM is committed to preparing ALL students for college, career and life by developing multilingual, inter-culturally competent, and technologically savvy students and TEACHERS who are prepared to lead in our increasingly complex world. DCISM believes in diversity, integrity, high expectations, collaboration, and reflection. DCISM believes that creativity and divergent thinking are critical if public schools are going to remain relevant and that all stakeholders must have a role in ensuring the school’s continuous evolution. DCISM believes that schools must be learning centers (Drago-Severson, 2009) that are dedicated to NURTURING, SUPPORTING, and PERSONALIZING the growth and learning of ALL youth and adults.
Are you right for us?
- At DCISM, all teachers are LEADERS.
- At DCISM, teachers are internationalists who are committed to increasing their own intercultural competence and multilingualism
- At DCISM, teachers facilitate active, real world learning where students are producing work that counts every day, in every class.
- At DCISM, teachers are students of adolescent development and shape their behaviors and practices according to the developmental needs of their students.
- At DCISM, what we teach and how we teach are INTERNATIONALIZED, ALIGNED, and DESIGNED to prepare students for college, career, and global leadership.
- At DCISM, teachers shape learning that happens in-school and out-of-school, everywhere, all the time.
- At DCISM, teachers’ expectations and practice reflect that learning happens regardless of what language students speak …after all, we’re all language learners at DCIS (this means you).
- At DCISM, we are moving rapidly towards a learning environment where every student and teacher has a digital learning device and all learning is constructed and made visible locally, nationally, and internationally.
- At DCISM, all teachers are advocates for their students – we are on their side and on their case 24-7-365.
View DCISM's most recent UIP Tracker.