School turnaround takes place in the context of Denver Public Schools’ overall strategies and strategic initiatives:
- School Performance Framework – a multiple measure tool for rating school performance
- Tiered Supports for schools based on School Performance Framework trends -- strategic school support decisions involves recognitions for improved performance and differentiated supports and interventions for struggling schools
- Strategic Regional Analysis – annual analysis by region/feeder pattern of performance, demographic, choice, and capacity utilization trends and projections
- Community Processes – Feeder-pattern based community committees to advise district on school and feeder-pattern decisions
- Call for Quality New Schools – Annual call for high quality new district-run and charter schools to meet needs identified in Strategic Regional Analysis
- District–Charter Compact – to ensure all our schools (district-run and charter) follow three equities of opportunity, of access and responsibility, and of accountability.
To learn more about School Turnaround in the News, click HERE.
To learn more about Denver Public Schools' national recognition for our school turnaround efforts, click HERE.
The mission of the Denver Public Schools’ School Turnaround initiative is to ensure targeted and transparent decision making regarding turnaround interventions in the district’s lowest-performing schools, to support the efficient and effective planning and implementation of the selected strategies in turnaround schools, and to monitor the strategies' effectiveness in improving student academic performance including significantly improving graduation rates.